Itunes Download

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and need some help with my Itunes,

I moved to a new apartment complex here in Tampa Bay Florida, and for some reason the itunes on my Macbook is downloading songs and and updates Extremely slow, Yesterday it took me 2 and a half hours to download a 4 mb song, and I am now updating my Ipod nano ( latest generation ) software it is a 57.9MB download and it says it is going to take 19 hours, I am running the latest version of itunes 8.2.1 I believe it is. and my internet connections speed it not super fast but not super slow, I did a speed test on my internet connection and here are the results

765 kps download
482 kps upload

I know it not really fast internet but it should not take 19 hours to download a 57.9 mb file.

my Macbook is about 3 or 4 years old
here are the specs

1.83 Ghz intel core duo
512 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

If anyone knows the reason or helpful suggestions for the Extremely slow downloads let me know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Could be an iTunes store problem? Try it again later.

Reaction score
i need this itunes version 8.2.1 anyone can give me the download link please thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
i need this itunes version 8.2.1 anyone can give me the download link please thanks :)

iTunes 9 is the current version and it can be downloaded from apple.com

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
At about 512 Kbps, it should take you about 15 minutes to download almost 60 MB. So at 768, you might shave off about 5 mins or so..19 hours sounds messed up.

Are other downloads through Safari/Firefox also this slow or this is JUST in iTunes?

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I moved to a new apartment complex here in Tampa Bay Florida
That may be the problem. Who is your internet provider? Did you sign up for the same type and speed of connection as you had at your last place? Is your network secure? If your network is not secured, in an apartment, it's likely that your neighbors are stealing your connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.