Its on order....

R

RobDreugan

Well, after alot of research, pricing, etc I've finally ordered my new mac.

I'm getting the stock G5 Dual 2 gighz machine, with pretty much all normal features.

Going to purchase some ram separately from crucial.com and go up to either 1500megs or 2 gigs of ram. Depending on how much money I care to spend.

Only other thing I'll be purchasing separately will be a hard drive used for capture, which I may just use my existing 120 gig WD drive.

So I'm pretty exicted about that.

I guess the only other question I have for you guys is, ... is there anything I'm forgetting, or won't be expecting when I finally get the system?

I'm fairly certain I have all the bases covered, but I'd hate to feel like a dumbass when I forgot something obvious after waiting and I finally get it.

Rob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would purchase the largest hard disk you can afford. I never hurts to have more disk space than you need. Because you will find stuff to put on it. lol :D

OP
R

RobDreugan

rman said:
I would purchase the largest hard disk you can afford. I never hurts to have more disk space than you need. Because you will find stuff to put on it. lol :D

hehe, Well I was thinking about putting a third hard drive in there. But, I guess I'm looking for more neccessity type items. I can always fill up more hard drive space, its just a given =p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.