17" powerbook. LINES down screen

Reaction score
hey guys, my powerbook 17inch has lines down from top of the screen to the bottom of the screen.

like a year after buying, there was fainly one line... more and more started coming. and now theres a good amount to almost block the view of the left side.

any takes?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like lines of bad pixels. Could be the display is going south. Or, it could be a graphics problem. Is it possible to post a screen shot?

Regards.

OP
AudMan
Reaction score
Hey chscag

yeh I took the screen shot...
take a look...

if it is the graphics card... what do I need to do?
if it is the display going south, the display LCD screen needs to be replaced?

thanks

/Users/Shared/Picture 1.png

OP
AudMan
Reaction score
wow...that is weird. when i take the screenshot, when i open the picture in the previews, there aren't any lines... :\

well i see the lines cuz there are lines on my screen... but the lines i see on my screen is not there on the screen shot... i know cuz when i move the window around, the lines are not there ...

what does this mean?

T

todd51

wow...that is weird. when i take the screenshot, when i open the picture in the previews, there aren't any lines... :\

well i see the lines cuz there are lines on my screen... but the lines i see on my screen is not there on the screen shot... i know cuz when i move the window around, the lines are not there ...

what does this mean?

You have a pretty defective screen there. I believe the only way to get it fixed is to replace the screen. I'm not sure how much this would cost, it may just be better for you to get a new laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.