• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

NEW Powerbook HD

S

Subzero3886

Though the apple powerbook g5 creation is going to well, Apple has may have created a New Powerbook "HD" that should appear late April at NAB

OP
S

Subzero3886

It said there is a new graphics card, faster ghz's and one other thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I really don't think that Apple would update the PB this soon after it has already been updated. If they do, I'm screwed, as I just bought a new 17" PB, but...I don't think this rumor is true.

OP
Z

zap2

Subzero3886 said:
It said there is a new graphics card, faster ghz's and one other thing

quote from macrumors

''"PowerBook HD" is expected to be debuted at NAB as well. The new model is expected to simply boost the resolution of the current 17" PowerBook and offer the ATI Mobility Radeon 9800.''

It says nothing about a faster ghz for powerbooks and i do not think this will happen

OP
J

jonbev

I posted a similar thread not long ago as I read on Apples website that they have signed up as directors of the Blu-ray technology, allowing up 25 gig to be stored on a DVD. I personally think we will see HD displays with the next gen superdrives in the next 6 - 9 months.

What the current powerbooks really need is a faster FSB. At 167mhz it's now 10 times slower than its G4!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.