My macbooks desktop will not show anything

Reaction score
I had a problem where my macbook would not start up and would come up with a no entry sign. After starting it up in safe mode and deleting my login items i restarted it and whilst it started up fine my desktop does now not show any of the shortcuts at the bottom or any of the icons i put on my desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im in dire need of my laptop for university :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I think that I'm a little confused regarding what's happening with your computer. Could you give same additional details?

Have you tried booting from a CD/DVD?

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
sorry, its been confusing to me as well haha. Well after i got it to start normally, everything is fine up until the desktop screen. The doc does not appear and nor do any of the desktop items. The only thing that does appear are the links across the top of the page such as 'file', 'edit', 'view' etc. It also seems to be running extremely slow than usual.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
and is that the safe mode you're booted into? that might indeed be slower and your shortcut's wouldn't appear

OP
M
Reaction score
i previously booted into safemode when trying to fix the startup. Now im just booting it normally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.