ARDAgent.app problem on Snow Leopard

Reaction score
I recently installed Snow Leopard on my Macbook (I erased the hard drive and then installed it) Once it was installed I ran verify permissions and everything was fine. Then I ran a software update and installed "Remote Desktop Client Update 3.3.1" and then ran a verify permissions and it came up with ""System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired." I read somewhere that it is a security issue and it is a known issue on Leopard but I haven't found anything on Snow Leopard. Does anyone know if Apple will fix this issue or anything!?? Any info is appreciated :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
This particular message has long been on their list of messages to safely ignore.

The full list is below.

Mac OS X 10.5: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore

I have had that particular message show up after a fresh install and the first software update on Tiger, Leopard and now SL.
I just wish they would go ahead and correct the file that does the permissions check simultaneously when updating Remote Management. They've known about it for long enough.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.