Shortcut to start a script

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Is there a way to set a keyboard shortcut that will run a script?? I couldnt even find one that would start a program or I'd have tried that one.

Any ideas??

Tom

K

Kokopelli

There is no way that I know of to do it from the OS, but there are programs that will allow you to do it. QuickSilver will allow you to do exactly what you want using triggers. (I am such a prostitute. EDIT: I used a different word but evidently it is considered swearing by the filter. It rhymes with war. ) I use <CTRL><CMD>c to launch Camino as an example. <CTRL><CMD>v to launch voodoopad. Various combinations using the arrow keys to control iTunes. So on and so forth.

There are other programs that will allow you to do it though I can not come up with them off the top of my head. Launchbar and/or Butler can do it I think. A little searching on MacUpdate brought up Global HotKey, FunKeys , Gestures , and iKey . You could try one of those.

OP
M
Reaction score
I have Quicksilver and had no idea it had that functionality. Its perfect for what I need. Thanks a million.

K

Kokopelli

You are most welcome. Quicksilver is a great tool, but the feature set and functions are not particularly well documented.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.