• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

I want to hook my mac up to a tv

Reaction score
I have the cable and everything but i can't figure out how to get the image onto my television.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Ok.... what kind of mac do you have? what kind of cable do you have? what kind of TV do you have? does your Mac also have a screen still hooked up to it?

OP
M
Reaction score
It is a macbook pro... my tv is a sanyo. I have the cords and everything already hooked up and the sound works but no image. I know how to do it on a pc but not a mac. I just need to option that i need to click to transfer the image

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Open system preferences, display tab, and see what settings are available there. If may be that its not mirroring or even recognising that there is another display attached.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
So you have it hooked in via...? VGA to svideo? tv has a vga input, dvi input?
Take a look at the settings that Christm mentioned.

If it's a svideo connector, you're gonna have to reset the screen resolution to something low if the Mac doesn't recognize it - usually you can only get away with a setting of 800x600 or at most 1024x768

If it's hooked via VGA or DVI, then if you're not seeing anything it's possible that the resolution is set to high on that output (or a set of dimensions not supported by the screen).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
But what input would that be? I have an S-video cord, but no port on my MBP, so I can't connect. But 17" is good enough for me, most of the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Try going into the Display pane of system preferences and hitting "Detect Displays".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.