Macbook Pro sticky trackpad and pinch/zoom question

Reaction score
I have two questions about my new macbook pro's trackpad. First of all, I noticed that the trackpad is a bit "sticky", meaning when I initiate a new movement, the cursor doesn't start moving immediately--takes a few milliseconds--this can be somewhat annoying sometimes. Is this normal? I don't remember this on my old 2006 intel macbook. My other question involves the pinch to zoom functionality. I noticed that the back part of the trackpad (button side) is not active for pinching--there's a good 3/4" of dead space for pinching, when I watch the little video of the pinching being demonstrated in the system preferences, I notice the person's fingers are not going into that area. I just want to be sure this is normal too. Thanks very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
I dont get either of thos problems.
There is no 'lag'/'stickyness' with my trackpad, and i can pinch/zoom and rotate on any part of it.
I find that it is often easier to leave my thumb in a static position when pinching/zooming, and move my other finger, normally my index finger.
That works for me, prehaps it will for you too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.