Starcraft installs but will not run on MacBook

Reaction score
Im having trouble getting starcraft to run on a MacBook (2.2GHz C2D, GMA X1300, Snow Leopard). I made images of the CDs and copied them to the HD and used the OSX installer provided by Blizzard to successfully install Starcraft on the MacBook but when I try and open SC nothing happens.

When I click the SC icon on the dock, the SC options window opens, when I close the options window, nothing happens. The tast bar at the top says starcraft for about a second, then it closes. I am never able to get into SC, the MB always stays on the desktop.

Does SC not run well with the X1300 chipset? Are there some kind of patches I need.

I can get SC to run just fine on my Summer-2009 MacBook Pro, but I cant get it to work on this MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Did you install Rosetta wheb you upgraded to Snow Leopard.

A dialogue box should have come up telling you to install Rosetta if it isn't already installed though

OP
D
Reaction score
I did not install it, but I never saw a dialogue box though. Where do I download rosetta from? (Im new to Macs).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
IT may not be rosetta, firstly set up a new user account and see if Stargate works from that account.

You should get the option to load Rosetta, but since you are not even getting that far, lets see if something about your User account is the cause first

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Im having trouble getting starcraft to run on a MacBook (2.2GHz C2D, GMA X1300, Snow Leopard). I made images of the CDs and copied them to the HD and used the OSX installer provided by Blizzard to successfully install Starcraft on the MacBook but when I try and open SC nothing happens.

When I click the SC icon on the dock, the SC options window opens, when I close the options window, nothing happens. The tast bar at the top says starcraft for about a second, then it closes. I am never able to get into SC, the MB always stays on the desktop.

Does SC not run well with the X1300 chipset? Are there some kind of patches I need.

I can get SC to run just fine on my Summer-2009 MacBook Pro, but I cant get it to work on this MacBook.

When you initially installed Snow Leopard at one point there was an "options" button..and if you clicked it there was about 5 or so additional options. This included options for printer drivers, language options, Rosetta, etc.

I'm guessing if you insert your SL disk...you can do an install for Rosetta.

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.