Keeping up with my Apps!

Reaction score
I am pretty happy with the Mac. Obviously there are some things I will never get used to.

The thing which bugs me most is losing my open windows and applications. On the PC I used the taskbar. Minimize a window and it just went south to live - but was still apparent. Want it back - just click it.

Example- today I had 3 bank accounts opened - each in separate windows - along with the 3 supporting Excel sheets. There were a few other items opened - which I needed for the work I was doing. Well I got totally frustrated. Tried Expose and Spaces - spaces has more possibilities than Expose. However I still have to “shop” for the particular window I want. Forget tabs.

To be fair, when one got this many windows opened in Windows, the did not all appear at first glance - but the Excels were together, etc.

What am I missing here? Opening 10 spaces was not real bad, but still not as easy as simply looking at the taskbar. Any add-ins available? While I’m ranting, I get more that a few “Safari Had to Close” - or some others like iphoto, and Pages. Usual or do I have a bug?

I will appreciate very much any input you folks may have.

Reaction score
If you want to keep track of your apps and windows, you can always set expose.
You can do this in System Prefs. and designate each function to a corner of your screen.

hope this helps...:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4g, 4gb Ram | iPod Touch 8GB
expose is your answer, like sur3mac pointed out. you can set hot corners, or use the the F3 key on your keyboard to activate it. it spreads your windows out and lets you choose which one to bring up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Yes, and you can just choose the windows of a certain application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.