New Mbp or new Macbook

OP
S
Reaction score
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/164950-guide-macbook.html Crys! Search Search Search.

First it depends what your needs are. you could spend extra £200 but this may be waste of machine for you.

I can read. I saw you actually post this in another thread. It is really of no help. Maybe if I didn't know anything about computers it would help... All that information was easily accessible @ apple. I know what's IN the computer. I am aware of the differences. I am asking the general question in this forums opinion is 200 dollars worth the difference in the two base machines?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz 2G RAM 160G HD
This question is relative to the person buying the MacBook or MBP. To me it was worth the extra $$$. But lets say I really needed the extra cash for something else, like mortgage. then it would not be worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I can read. I saw you actually post this in another thread. It is really of no help. Maybe if I didn't know anything about computers it would help... All that information was easily accessible @ apple. I know what's IN the computer. I am aware of the differences. I am asking the general question in this forums opinion is 200 dollars worth the difference in the two base machines?

He's just trying to help.......

If you know so much about computers, you should be able to determine which to get.

I would personally get the MBP.

The MB feels like a 2007 laptop to me, and the MBP feels like a 2010 laptop.

Have fun and good luck :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb

If your going to get cocky about it you know where you can go.
Th guide lets you know the in's and out's of parts which you would get from the extra $200, how this is no help at all is beyond me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
Th guide lets you know the in's and out's of parts which you would get from the extra $200, how this is no help at all is beyond me.

I agree. Lose the attitude.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Andy M's. summary is a great "consolidation" of the many questions & concerns that folks post when they're trying to choose which Apple laptop to purchase.

You are being totally out of line with your comments...and totally disrespectful to folks who are trying to give you free help!!

If you know as much as you claim to know...then you should be quite capable of answering your own question regarding whether paying an extra $200 bucks is worth it!!!

- Nick

Reaction score
Ding! Ding! Ding!.... Round 3!!!!;D

OP
S
Reaction score
Andy M's. summary is a great "consolidation" of the many questions & concerns that folks post when they're trying to choose which Apple laptop to purchase.

You are being totally out of line with your comments...and totally disrespectful to folks who are trying to give you free help!!

If you know as much as you claim to know...then you should be quite capable of answering your own question regarding whether paying an extra $200 bucks is worth it!!!

- Nick
Thanks I have!!!
I guess i'll ask more detailed questions next time!

OP
S
Reaction score
There is really nothing cocky about my reply. I was just stating it was more of a computers for dummies guide than anything IMO.
I was originally looking for actual POV's of people who have had to make the same decision.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
There is really nothing cocky about my reply. I was just stating it was more of a computers for dummies guide than anything IMO.
I was originally looking for actual POV's of people who have had to make the same decision.

It completely depends on what you are going to use it for. If you are just using it for surfing the internet then the macbook will be great for you, but if you want to use thing like Final Cut and games then consider a MBP with the better graphics.

When i bought my macbook I decided the macbook would be perfectly adequate for my needs, as well as not being able to afford a MBP! I manage to run programs like Logic, and Cubase on my MB without any problem, so unless you are doing graphic intensive things then I would say go with the MB (unless you are really bothered about having a unibody model, and yes I gotta admitt they do look rather nice:Smirk: ).

I bought my macbook over a year ago, and the lineup was different then, but my point is still generally valid.

Hope this helps ;D

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm more worried about the case. IT doesn't seem as solid at all. Feels like I can bend it more than my current dell d620. I have a t2400 1.83 regular duo 32 bit only now with 4 gb of ram..... I tihnk either will have a noticable improvement. I am leaning more to the MBP at this point just because of the case and screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
It completely depends on what you are going to use it for. If you are just using it for surfing the internet then the macbook will be great for you, but if you want to use thing like Final Cut and games then consider a MBP with the better graphics.

When i bought my macbook I decided the macbook would be perfectly adequate for my needs, as well as not being able to afford a MBP! I manage to run programs like Logic, and Cubase on my MB without any problem, so unless you are doing graphic intensive things then I would say go with the MB (unless you are really bothered about having a unibody model, and yes I gotta admitt they do look rather nice:Smirk: ).

I bought my macbook over a year ago, and the lineup was different then, but my point is still generally valid.

Hope this helps ;D

I agree with everything said. But also you have to consider the way the macbook looks and the way the macbook pro looks. MBP is so sexy. And looks like a professional laptop. I took that into consideration. But also I took into the fact that I am going to be doing some heavy processing on it and wanted a little faster processing power. I know it is not significant but it helps :) I should have got the upgrade on the graphics card though as I will be gaming on it too. I wanted the 9600 but settled for the 9400m as I will just have a gaming rig on the side for that :)

My vote: MBP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.