Improperly ejected external HD ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
Ok so I just moved into rez a week ago for my first year of college (w00t). One problem though: I have my external Time Machine HD plugged in pretty much all the time. This includes the times when I put my MB's lid down. After I put it up, I always get the message that I improperly ejected the drive... This never happened before, only since I moved to here, which is weird. Any ideas what's going on here?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ok so I just moved into rez a week ago for my first year of college (w00t). One problem though: I have my external Time Machine HD plugged in pretty much all the time. This includes the times when I put my MB's lid down. After I put it up, I always get the message that I improperly ejected the drive... This never happened before, only since I moved to here, which is weird. Any ideas what's going on here?

I think that what your computer wants you to do is drag that external hard drive to the trash can (which is the same as "ejecting" the hard drive)...before you close the lid of your laptop.

Then when you "wake" your laptop back up...you shouldn't get that message.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
GK27V6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
I think that what your computer wants you to do is drag that external hard drive to the trash can (which is the same as "ejecting" the hard drive)...before you close the lid of your laptop.

Then when you "wake" your laptop back up...you shouldn't get that message.

HTH,

- Nick

Thank you captain obvious.

The problem is that this message shouldn't show up after waking up the computer. Whatever, no big deal anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.