Trouble getting online

Reaction score
My iMac is a few months old and getting online is hit or miss. Some days it connects right away and others it just can't. I'm writing this from the same room using my laptop, so I know that the modem and router are working. I've restarted, unplugged, and all those primary steps. I feel like there's something I'm not doing to be sure the Mac never loses its connection.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My iMac is a few months old and getting online is hit or miss. Some days it connects right away and others it just can't. I'm writing this from the same room using my laptop, so I know that the modem and router are working. I've restarted, unplugged, and all those primary steps. I feel like there's something I'm not doing to be sure the Mac never loses its connection.

Are you sure that the "spotty" connection is not due to your ISP?

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure because my laptop connects just fine, even the last two days that the Mac has failed me.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm pretty sure because my laptop connects just fine, even the last two days that the Mac has failed me.
That makes perfect sense...I didn't realize you had a 2nd computer to test the wireless with.

My ISP service can be "spotty" at times...but then of course all my computers are effected.

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.