How long are you a switcher for ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I actually dont consider myself a switcher. I still use Windows for 8 hours each day, OSX for less than 3. This is due to work (we use Windows across the board.) Even on my MBP, I have Win7 installed and use is almost daily as well.

I have ADDED OSX to my list of what I use, I have not switched from Windows to OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Since 2006 90% Mac and the other 10% Windows and Linux (learning on this ) but by far OSX is my go to if i can OS.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I'm not necessarily a switcher, since I just added a Mac Mini in January to my collection of computers..:) I predominantly use Linux and Mac at home..

Regards

After adding that Mac Mini..I began using it more and more and less of the Linux machine..ended up selling both the Linux machine and the Mac Mini and fully switched over to a 27" iMac in early 2010..:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Purchased an imac in feb 2010, been using windows previously for approx 20+ years, split my time approx 50/50 between windows 7 and osx, both o/s have advantages and disadvantages, like them both

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Never have been! Macs for life!

- Kyle

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Going on 3 years now. I only use Windows at work so I am a total switcher. Won't say I would never buy a Windows PC again, but probably not unless they make a major change to the OS (as in move to something like UNIX or it's next generation equivalent as the Core).
In effect I guess I am saying I would return to Windows if Windows becomes OSX.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I didn't switch. I never started from a Windows "point of view", and am currently learning the ins and outs of Windows myself.

I mean, i had a Windows box, but never really used it for anything much more than iTunes (and it couldnt even run that) so i generally didnt bother with it.

My first true computer was a Mac, and I kind of "got it" straight away. Something that cant really be said for my experience with Windows.

i reckon I ironed out most of my OSX "noob" errors within about two months. i used it for about a year and a half, then I joined this forum, and now I know about 75% more about the OS than I did when i wasnt a member. Personal experience when troubleshooting etc far outweighs wikipedia articles when it comes to learning in my opinion.

Man, I always seem to go off on a strange tangent in posts...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(#1) 21.5" iMac 3.06GHz OS 10.6.7 (#2) 13" MBP 2.3 GHz OS 10.6.7
I've been using computers since the days of punch cards. Have worked on just about every machine and OS out there - but have never had much experience with Apple (although my Uncle had an Apple II that I "dabbled" with).

In February, right after my father-in-laws funeral, my mother-in-law decided to by a MacBook Pro - they haven't had a computer in the house in 15+ years, and she decides to buy a Mac. Of course, I got to set it up. LOVED IT!

In March of this year, my PC bit the dust (the controller card blew 7+ years old). While fixing it would not have been an issue, my wife and I decided to just replace it. After some consideration, we decided to get an iMac. I took to it like a fish to water and fell in love from the first "chime". Then in April, having finally found what I have been missing all these Windows years, replaced my HP laptop with a MacBook Pro.

So, I have been a switcher for only 3 months. And I threw away my rear-view mirror because there is no looking back ! !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.