First gen Uniboday 2.4ghz upgrade to 8GB or RAM?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a first generation 15" 2.4Ghz unibody MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM running Leopard. I want to know if it's possible to upgrade to 8GB of RAM after installing the new Snow Leopard. Is it possible at all?

I've heard the mid 2009 second gen unibody MacBook Pros(2.5Ghz and up) have a different chipset which allows 8GB of Ram. If so I'm stuck. :(

Thanks.

Roubaix

Reaction score
This would be a good place to verify your query... you know, it took me only about 5 seconds to find this, nevertheless...hope it helped:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
Hi guys,

I have a first generation 15" 2.4Ghz unibody MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM running Leopard. I want to know if it's possible to upgrade to 8GB of RAM after installing the new Snow Leopard. Is it possible at all?

I've heard the mid 2009 second gen unibody MacBook Pros(2.5Ghz and up) have a different chipset which allows 8GB of Ram. If so I'm stuck. :(

Thanks.

Roubaix

Not that I am aware. Your machine officially supports a max of 4GB of RAM. However, you can put a 4GB stick and a 2GB stick in giving you 6GB of RAM. Some guys on here have done it, but seen no noticeable improvement.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.