Repeating error message

Reaction score
Dear All,

So nearly one week into mac pro use. It has taken me this long to sort out (post the move from windoes) itunes, lightroom, the 4 external hard drives (all seagate) and the masses of photographs I have.

All is great apart from one repeating error. Every so often I get a message telling me not to disconnect disk without ejecting first etc etc. But I haven't. Does anyone know why this is happening?

thanks

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
So even after having done a complete computer shutdown and restart you continue to get that random message?

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes. is there an error log I could look at to post more info?

thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
This is where i hand over to someone else - it is getting a bit deep for me.

T

todd51

Do you keep any of your external drives plugged in constantly? I'm wondering if sometimes one of them will go into a sleep mode after a certain period of inactivity, and the OS thinks that your just unplugging it.

If you don't keep any external drives plugged in, try repairing permissions on your Mac Pro's drive.

OP
J
Reaction score
Do you keep any of your external drives plugged in constantly? I'm wondering if sometimes one of them will go into a sleep mode after a certain period of inactivity, and the OS thinks that your just unplugging it.

If you don't keep any external drives plugged in, try repairing permissions on your Mac Pro's drive.

Hi. Yes all drives plugged in constantly.

Re my seagate drives. I have 2 2009 models one 1tb and one 2tb. I also have two 2008 models both 750GB. When I arrived from windows last week I formatted them all from ntfs to mac os extended using disk utility. I have not installed any seagate drivers or software. Couldn't seem to find it on their site.

best regards

M

MacInWin

If they are USB, I've noticed that occasionally the USB ports disconnect on my two external drives. I switched one to Firewire and the problem went away, so I'm pretty sure it's interference on the USB bus somewhere making the OS think the drive was disconnected. Haven't found a cure, just a likely cause.

OP
J
Reaction score
If they are USB, I've noticed that occasionally the USB ports disconnect on my two external drives. I switched one to Firewire and the problem went away, so I'm pretty sure it's interference on the USB bus somewhere making the OS think the drive was disconnected. Haven't found a cure, just a likely cause.

Thanks. I appreciate the response

Josh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.