Staples Sunscreen filter or Privacy Filter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Fall 2009 MacBookPro5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM
Has anyone tried the Staples Sunscreen Filter or Privacy Filter, which can be removed or put on at any time with a Mac Book Pro in place of the Apple installed, " Hi-Resolution Antiglare Widescreen Display."

When I was at the Apple store I looked the exact same image in two different Mac Book Pros side by with one being a glossy screen, and the other being "Hi-Resolution Antiglare Widescreen Display." The glossy screen seemed to show much better detail of the image. I would prefer the clarity of the glossy image, but sometimes, you know, reflection is a killer.

I did not find anything using the forum search. If someone knows of how I should have searched, then please let me know the words you used so I can better learn to use the forum search properly.

The Staples Sun Filter is pricey at $99.00, and I do not know how easily it would become scratched. Might be a pain to carry as well, or keep it in place while it is being used. Any information about how resistant the Mac Book Pro screen is to becoming damaged or scratched.

Thanks for any replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.