My mac keeps shut down randomly

Reaction score
Hi I've got the mac pro and recently I've been having some issue with the shut down randomly,
I've read some forums about that it could be whether gets overheating or sort of dysfunction in my hardware
Is there someone that's been tackling with this issue?
please need some help:(

Reaction score
Best off going to a nearby apple store and seeing a genius, sounds like a hardware issue.

Reaction score
I've heard that it could be a problem with a cable that runs between the heat sensor and the CPU's heatsink being too short.
The heatsink expands when operating the Mac,
which causes it to contact the heat sensor's cable and melt its insulation - hence,

a short circuit and a shutdown. Once the Mac is no longer running, the heat sink cools down and contracts during the process,
breaking the short circuit and allowing the machine to boot again (this expansion and contraction can happen pretty quickly,
so it would make sense if your machine can boot almost immediately after shutdown).

But I'd take Tim4rd's advice and take it in...:)

hope this helped

hope this helps

OP
J
Reaction score
Re

Thank u guys

I've been perceived that this happening just when the temperature gets overheating which perfectly match to what u said in the thread
so in case that I'd leave it like that
could it be more serious that now?

Reaction score
Well, if the Mac is still in it's warranty I would be sure to take it in, and let Apple handle it, it's a known issue, so you'll probably be swiftly processed.

This isn't going to go on like this forever, sooner or later the problem becomes... a bigger problem;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.