What was that?!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel 2.4, 10.6.1, XP Partition | 1st Gen Time Capsule | 5th Gen 30GB iPod
Hi,

This morning I was briefly on my wife's MacBook Pro when all the sudden I witnessed an aberration never before seen by my virgin eyes.

It was a name. The name belongs to my wife's friend, and dare I tell, it is no coincidence that person will be returning to our quaint town this very night.

You should have seen it. I was so moved and taken off guard by its appearance I can scarcely bring myself to tell you exactly where it could be found.

See the image attached below. This name scrolled from left to right somewhere between the Gmail notifier and the date, as if mocking me, but for only a second and then it was gone.

I have done all I could to find its source. Naturally, it occurred to me it might be a beacon and for that I went searching with the spotlight, which only lit to send me here or there but not in the direction I seek.

Please, if any of you, just one of you, know the mystery behind this event by God let me know. The sooner the better. I am prepared to hear the truth of the matter.

Picture 1.png

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I think that the [size=+1]"Devil"[/size] has invaded the computer!!! Someone in your household is possessed...you better call the "Ghostbusters"!!!
smiley-laughing024.gif

Ghostbusters.jpg

Just teasing,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
How about asking your wife?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How about asking your wife?

Now come on...that would be too easy!!!;D

Maybe the "OP" feels that there may be some sort of "suspicious activity" going on...and can't ask his wife!!!;););)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It was the name of the wireless network. Mine will do this every once in a while when my network "hiccups" or briefly loses connectivity. If you turn airport off in the toolbar and then back on and watch, when it reconnects to the network it will briefly scroll the name.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.