Mighty mouse problem

Reaction score
hi,
I am having problems with my might mouse. I wasnted to set my mouse up so that if i clicked on the scroll ball, my spaces would appear, and when i click the side buttons, it would show all windows. I have set this up in the mouse preference pane, but It will not work.

I checked in USB Overdrive X, and it recogonises when i click the scroll ball, and when i click on the side buttons, but it still will not recogonise them and show me my spaces or all windows.

Any ideas as to the problem?

Thanks
gary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel 2.4, 10.6.1, XP Partition | 1st Gen Time Capsule | 5th Gen 30GB iPod
more info needed

Hi,

Just a few general questions to attempt to narrow down the problem.

- Is your Mighty Mouse USB or wireless?
- Do you have a MacBook, iMac, MacBook Pro etc, and what is the processor speed?
- Do you have Windows installed? If so, XP or Vista and how often are you in Windows?

That will help. Thanks

OP
G
Reaction score
mighty mouse problem

I suppose that would be a help alright!

Its a usb wired mighty mouse
Macbook, 2.2Ghz processor, 4GB RAM

Only use windows via parallels, and very occasionaly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Keep in mind that the MM has 3 proximity sensors so if it is sensing 2 fingers at the same time it might not do anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel 2.4, 10.6.1, XP Partition | 1st Gen Time Capsule | 5th Gen 30GB iPod
I had some issues when I first started using Mighty Mouse as well. Since you are using Parallels I don't know if it may or may not be a Parallels issue. I know it is very popular, but despite being somewhat endorsed by Apple on their website, it is not always recommended by Apple professionals (in my experience). You didn't say which version of Windows you have. If you have not downloaded the last Boot Camp updates for Vista or XP I would try that. That is assuming you didn't upgrade to SL, which was supposed to do the same thing.

If you have upgraded to SL and are still having the same problem, don't be afraid to repeat adjusting Mouse settings in Windows, a sort of forced recognition.

Sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't notice that you had replied.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.