powerbook g4 won't get online

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
hi
about two days ago my powerbook just stopped getting online. internet connect says i have full service and there are two other laptops in the house that get online just fine. i checked the wireless card and everything seems to be connected right. when i get on safari(v 4.0.3) it sits there and loads for a while and then says "Safari can't open the page "http://www.anypage.com" because the server where this page is located isn't responding." i also have firefox but the same happens there. i've gone through a bunch of forums and done all sorts of things like deleting plists, resetting safari, emptying the cache, putting new dns servers in, configuring IPv6, repaired disk permissions, etc. i have ran out of ideas from forums. any new ideas would be great because i'm getting pretty frustrated from this.
thanks in advanced for anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Airport Cards do alas die. What does Apple System Profiler have to say about the PB Airport Card?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Airport Cards do alas die. What does Apple System Profiler have to say about the PB Airport Card?

Most definitely...I've had an Airport card go bad. Swapped in a good one, and everything was fine!:)

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
my card inf goes as follows
Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme
Wireless Card Locale: USA
Wireless Card Firmware Version: 405.1 (3.90.34.p18)
Current Wireless Network: SilverQueenEast
Wireless Channel: 11

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
so i was out of town for 4 days without my computer, came home, and it worked. don't know what was wrong but it's working now.
thanks again

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
so i was out of town for 4 days without my computer, came home, and it worked. don't know what was wrong but it's working now.
thanks again

Well that's a pleasant surprise!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.