iTunes Graphic Glitch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Alright guys and gals. Here's one for you.

I have an issue with iTunes. I don't know if any of you have experienced it or not. I have been experiencing this glitch since at least Tiger. Then even more so with Leopard. Now it's happening on Snow Leopard. I have decided to ask about it.

When iTunes is docked / hidden and has been running for a while, I will call iTunes up and then there will be a substantial amount of glitching and tearing. Most of the time the iTunes window will be solid white, even if iTunes has focus. I must actually click on the iTunes icon in the dock for it to go back to it's natural state.

I can not command tab, expose command tab, or anything else, if I do, it'll glitch. The only way it will not glitch is by clicking the dock icon.

I have had this issue with Tiger, Leopard, and now Snow Leopard. This isn't machine specific either. I had this issue with a PowerMac G5 dual 2ghz running Tiger - AL iMac 2.4ghz high end gpu running leopard, Powerbook G4 1.5 ghz Leopard and Tiger - MacBook White - 2.0 c2d - Leopard, and my current MacBook Pro 15'' 2.3 ghz running snow leopard.

Here is a video of the issue.
YouTube - iTunes Glitch

Wide known issue?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.