• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Latest Tiger build is now Gold Master

OP
M

metsfan489

zakatov said:
AppleInsider is reporting that Tiger is now complete and is heading for the presses to stamp the final CDs/DVDs

And we're all happy

Yeah, I saw that earlier .....We will also find out tomorrow if the think secret rumors about a tiger annoucment tomorrow are true or an april fools joke.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I saw that earlier too, I think it will be as think secret reported. though I'll wait to buy tiger until I know people are using it problem free. plus, my cube won't support CI/CV, but as soon as I can buy a g5, I'll have tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
What are the system requirements to run tiger? I would sure like to run it on all my comps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
of course, I had to go and buy my new Powerbook right when they came out! oh well, i guess I'll probably have to fork over some cash and upgrade when it comes out. I'll wait a bit though, make sure there aren't too many bugs. Hope it isn't too bad, it shouldn't be. I still remember when OS X first came out, shudder, but that was entirely new, this is different.

OP
M

metsfan489

well it looks that think secrets reports were wrong...anyone still think there's a chance for an annoucement?

OP
K

Kokopelli

metsfan489 said:
well it looks that think secrets reports were wrong...anyone still think there's a chance for an annoucement?

Not today, but soon. They are pushing out the Developer Builds too quickly for it not to be in the final stages. I would have been surprised with a Friday announcement anyway.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would have more surprised if there would be an annoucement on April fool's day. I thought most of the past annoucements were made during the early part of the week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm, I guess my earlier prediction of tiger being released later like around june or july may have been right, I had originally changed my thoughts as think secret said it would be announced today, and a friend who works for apple developing for tiger said it looked like tiger was done a week or so ago, though I'm not sure that's enough time to burn , and package tiger, so maybe it'll be another few weeks instead of months. only time will tell.

OP
M

metsfan489

Macman said:
hmm, I guess my earlier prediction of tiger being released later like around june or july may have been right, I had originally changed my thoughts as think secret said it would be announced today, and a friend who works for apple developing for tiger said it looked like tiger was done a week or so ago, though I'm not sure that's enough time to burn , and package tiger, so maybe it'll be another few weeks instead of months. only time will tell.

I personally think they will be making an annoucement early next week, like tuesday. Though thats just my gut feeling.

OP
K

Kokopelli

I would wager that Apple will make a release announcement in April. Maybe next week, maybe the week after. I think they might make production by the end of April, but am less confident in that. I would be very surprised at the stage if it were released after June 1 though unless it was delayed to coincide with WWDC.

OP
I

iDVFH.

Panther was 10.3, Tiger is going to be 10.4 how many 10.?'s are there gonna be before 11.0 or 11.1 comes out? lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
who knows, but thats a long time away probably. os 9 only got as far as 9.2.2, os 8 up to 8.6.x, I don't remember the exact number, but they usually go varying distances.

OP
D

Danster

I think it depends until they think hmm lets restart over with a new OS as in 9-X
they might scrap OSX's aqua feel, dock etc and bring an entirely new OS into place with 11.

(although I don't see how they can improve OSX :mac:

OP
V

VictoryRose

Danster said:
I think it depends until they think hmm lets restart over with a new OS as in 9-X
they might scrap OSX's aqua feel, dock etc and bring an entirely new OS into place with 11.

(although I don't see how they can improve OSX :mac:

worry not! i'm sure they will find a way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.