Doom 3 mods that really work!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
I have been a doom fan for a few years. I was real disappointed in the fps that I was getting on my g5 so I decided to mod my cfg file in the hopes that I could get some better frame rates and performance. The first couple of attempts were not too great, but the last was very successful and I have a solid 60fps throughout the game now. It will bog down in heavy fighting scenes to around 40 but I never see anything below 38...period. Before my framerates were falling into the single digits during heavy fight scenes. I should mention that the cfg files I have modded require at least a gig of ram in order to help. Otherwise, you'll be pageout/in all day long and performance will be worse. Email me for my config files.

D

Danster

What will doom 3 play like on my Mac?
iMac G5 1.8, 1GB nividia GF5200 64MB vid RAM?

will it be a playable 30-40fps or a 20fps dog?

Also is there a demo of the game i could try? That's what ID should do instead of ppl buying the game then taking it back because it's unplayable

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.