Not sure where to find specs, want to know what games I can play

Reaction score
I have a 13in MacBook pro that i got a few months ago. No upgrades, haven't added anything to it. Im looking to get some games, and am not sure the specs on this and therefore if I can run them or not. 2 questions:

1. Where do I look on the computer for a list of these specs?

2. These are the specs of a specific game Im looking at, can I run it do you think?

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
CPU Processor: PowerPC G4 or later
CPU Speed: 1GHz or faster
Memory: 256 MB or higher
Hard Disk Space: 2.8GB free disk space
Video Card (ATI): Radeon 7500 or better
Video Card (NVidia): GeForce2 MX or better
Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
Media Required: DVD Drive

Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Go to Apple menu - top left of menu bar click on that hold option key and about this mac becomes sys profiler - click that for your specs.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Wouldn't be so quick to say that specific game will work.

Hardware wise, if by "I got a few months ago" means you bought a new Mac and not some used one, then yes your machine is well above the hardware requirements to run the game.

However, since that game was designed for OS X 10.2 and you are running either 10.5 or 10.6 now, you need to check to see if that game's forum, tell us what the specific name of the game is, or use google on your own to determine if that old game will still run (or they have had patches for it) in the new OS.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the help. I bought it new in April. The game I am asking about is Command and Conquer Generals deluxe. Do you think it will work properly on this computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.