Macbook Pro Unibody Skuff from box new

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
I just bought a new Macbook pro Unibody, 13", and i noticed today when the sun shined on it by the power button there is a line that looks like a line where the bottom of the unibody was welded to the top of the unibody, anybody else seen this? I am attaching a low quality picture i took with my phone, hopefully that will inspire insight. At first i thought it was a crack, but its basically looks like a access point to the keyboard or something? Any suggestions, Should i take it to an apple store or.....? Thanks for any help, Adrian
This is a horrible picture, but basically the line is inside where i outlined, thanks... and the line doesn't go over the power button, so i think that rules out some screen contact skuffs
photo-2-1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Can't really see anything from the pic. Did you buy it from the Apple Store? Take it in and see what they think. You have like 14 days so you could return it (with a restocking fee) if it came down to that. The are normally very good at the Apple Store.

Reaction score
It would help if the picture's quality was somewhat better, I can't see anything on this one... but if you think it's unacceptable, take it in...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Like has already been said...bad picture. But if the "mark" on the MacBook is unsightly...take it back ASAP...the longer you wait, the more they may think you did it!

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Talked to an apple guy and figured out it is a residue some unibody's get on them, got it taken off with a little polishing with a microfiber, thanks for all your help

Reaction score
Well, that's a laugh....:)
Good for you, next time you might wanna try that ...before?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well....haha, i know i feel pretty stupid about it, but i did try before i just thought it was a crack, so i didn't rub very hard, then after i talked to the guy i went at it for 30 seconds with a microfiber and some lcd screen cleaner, but ya, next time....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Also, there are no welds on the body, hence the term unibody. :D These are all milled on a water jet cutter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.