Babylon's Treatment of a Mac OS X User

Reaction score
This is just to let Mac users know of the treatment given to me by Babylon (the translation software) when I purchased premium content from them.

To cut short a long tale of woes, I have paid for it, Babylon has charged me for it but have still to send me anything at all that works in a Mac. Their help and support repeatedly ignore many detailed descriptions of the issue, i.e., that they send me an order confirmation and a license whose download link is CGI script that resolves to zip file for Windows installation.

I made several attempts to make the help and support team simply stop and read and ponder what I was saying, to no avail. The only response was a trigger-happy, knee-jerk reaction of sending me again precisely the ame thing I had amply and detailedly explained did not work for Macs.

After successive attempts, I see no choice but to warn other Mac users of the appalling treatment they gave me. In short, they took my money and they did not send me anything that qualifies as the intended product for my Mac. No amount of explanation and pleading has so far caused them to even show any awareness of the problem let alone utter any form of apology.

Alvaro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Sounds like you should dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.