Fortmat Disk...

Reaction score
Hey guys...sry for my stupid question, but i m kinda lost , tried searching the internet got found so many answers i cant decide which is the best....i got 2 External HDs , one is 200gb and one 1TB , and i wanna make them compatible with Mac OS, i used to own a PC with windows....which format should i select on Disk Utility ? ( notice that i got files also bigger than 4gb)...thanks so much !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
MacOS Extended (Journaled) (I think that's what it is called in Disc Utility) is what you would want to use.

OP
P
Reaction score
r u sure ? i saw many peeps talking about MS-DOS (fat)

yea i wanna keep windows compatibility, so i select MS DOS ? what are the differences between those two ? i mean speed/compatibility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You can use MS-DOS if you want to retain Windows compatibility, otherwise there is no reason too.

MS-DOS format will be slightly slower but not by much. You may have an issue with files over 4Gb in size.. That's the breaks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.