Transfer files from one user to next on same Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook OS X
I have tried very hard to find the answer to my transferring question, but nowhere do I find my answer nor does Apple offer free help or even help by email. :(

So here is my issue. I want to transfer all my personal data from my HOME user account on my MacBook to a NEW user account on the SAME MacBook. The reason is that my Microsoft Office has a certain issue that is only solvable by starting up in a new user. So now I want to transfer all the personality, data, files, and all that from my home user to the new user on the same computer. After that, I want to delete the old Home user and make the new user the default home user account.

Is that possible? Can you give me advice? Or if not, do you have ANY idea where I could go for help? To receive actual help from Apple I have to pay $50 to even ask them whether or not this is possible. So thank you for anything you might be able to help me with. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Absolutely nothing to do with Notebook Hardware.
Moving to Software.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Have you tried searching the "Help" files on your computer?

Go to the "Finder" (desktop)...then go to the "Help" drop-down menu...and do a couple keyword searches.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.