Firefox problem

Reaction score
Hi
This is my first post here so sorry if its in the wrong place. I got an email through telling me there had been something happening on my bank account/cards ect and to go through a link and prove some things, so obviously its some scam so i ignored it and went to the bank, phoned the right people and found there is nothing wrong.
But this is where my question to you guys is after doing this i went online and found my entire Firefox history has vanished and this is after i opened the email, so is there any possibility that something could have happened to do with this scam or is it just a coincidence? any on else had this problem with Firefox?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Did you click on any of the links in that mail? If the answer is yes, try if you could reproduce the error. Please DO NOT go further than just clicking on the link. If the answer is no, it may have been different reason.

OP
S
Reaction score
no i didn't click any of the links in the email i knew as soon as it opened that it was some kind of scam and deleted it.

i wouldn't usually even open something like this, its just that i had recently made an order to a french website so i thought this might have been flagged as a strange purchase with it being another country so i opened it thinking it might be this, bad timing coincidence really.

so has anyone had any problems with Firefox randomly erasing its history? or know of some kind of scam/virus that works this way?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.