• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Adobe recommends Snow Leopard users download latest Flash Player

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Here is a little more info for anyone curious.

I initially believed that Apple shipped that version simply because there was a version freeze during development before the most current version of Flash was released but the newest version was released in July. I'm sure Apple could have upgraded Flash especially since the newest version was only a security update and not something like a new major version which may have caused compatibility problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Note: some MBA folks (like me) have downgraded to earlier versions of Flash to deal with occasional overheating issues when viewing Flash video streaming, or otherwise. Make sure you keep an archived version of the previous major release of Flash in case the newer version futzes up your system (again!). You may also need to reinstall ClickToFlash again after the Flash upgrade or downgrade.
-Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
Flash crashed the other day. Hopefully this will solve the problems.

T

todd51

Why exactly does streaming videos in Flash cause my CPU to get really hot? I have noticed my fans start going full speed about a minute into a game or movie trailer.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Why exactly does streaming videos in Flash cause my CPU to get really hot? I have noticed my fans start going full speed about a minute into a game or movie trailer.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Flash! YouTube videos will consume CPU resources well beyond what a browser plugin should and as a result, CPU temp. soars upwards.

As you can tell, I'm not exactly a fan of Flash. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Flash crashed the other day. Hopefully this will solve the problems.

There is some really good info on the topic on Apple's own forum under the MacBook Air subsection. There is something with the libraries in ore recent versions that can cause issues. Rolling back to an older version, such as v9r246 or v9r159, has worked well for many. I also use ClickToFlash to block flash on we pages that I don't want to mess with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.