Best Money app for Mac?

Reaction score
I need to find some money software to do basic things - I used to use MS Money on Windows and would like something comparable but have heard horrible things about Quickbooks and iBank.

I really don't use it for a lot of stuff - just reconciling checkbooks and scheduled bill payments so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but I want something that will import the qif file the right way. iBank seemed to do that on the demo but I didn't look too closely and I heard that it loses deposits and a lot of other stuff. Thoughts?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've heard mostly good things about iBank and the developer releases very regular updates to it. I would give that a spin and see how it works for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Check out Mint and ClearCheckbook before spending any money. The two of them are all I need.

Reaction score
I use Quicken for Mac and it works fine. I imported all my MS Money files and it was a snap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
I have used CheckBook Pro for several years, it has been updated for Snow Leopard.
It suits the way I work even though I do not use or need Cheques :)

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
I am not happy with any of the financial software for Mac. iBank is probably the best I tried, but the user interface is clumsy.
I have stuck with Quicken for Windows, run via Crossover. I am hopeful that the redevelopment of Quicken for Mac (the current version is abysmal) will be something I can use. This is the software that was going to be called Quicken Financial Life for Mac and was supposed to be released last year. They have gone away from both of those ideas now, I guess, but are actively developing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.