share internet connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i am not sure if this was covered before but i have a question about sharing internet connection. currently my ibook supplies the internet connection to my xbox. the ibook is going through my wireless network. if i was instead to be getting internet connection through a phone line, could i turn on appletalk and share connection to another laptop, happens to be dell? thanks.

J

Jefe3223

I think that should work. Turn on sharing internet w/in preferences, and bam.
On a slight side note, if you have a wireless network, why can't you connect the dell to that?

OP
macman88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i am going to mexico on saterday and i want to have the ibook hookedup to the the phone line with the dell hooked up to the ibook. will the dell see it almost like a hub? is there anyway i could send out a wireless signal from the ibook to the dell?

J

Jefe3223

I think it should. I'm only running my thoughts on sheer coincidence, though. 'Cuase I've put my share internet connection on (by accident) and a pc ran through it. I put a stop to it, though. haha. I think it should work...just waiting for others to conferm my thoughts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
it should, but i dont remember how to do it. i set it up where i was staying in san diego with another person that had an hp. we got it to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.