Snow Leopard question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook ; iBook ; Ipod Shuffle
i have a 2008 Macbook 13inch

does the new Snow Leopard OS work on my Macbook ?

and do you advise me to download it ?

thanks in advance

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What RMan was saying is don't download it. Apple does not allow Downloading of any of the OS's. If you download Snow Leopard, it's piracy and against the law.

It's only $29. And yes your Macbook will run it just fine. Just be sure to purchase it.

The URL he provided was showing that illegal downloads of some Mac software contain a trojan that will hurt your system. If you purchase OSX that will not be an issue.

If by Download you meant ordering the DVD, then sure, go ahead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
I didn't know that there were pirated versions of SL.... I don't use pirated software anyway, and that's a good thing, too.

OP
Tommy Taylor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no no no :p

you didn't understand

i used the wrong words

i mean should i upgrade my Macbook or stick to my 10.5

does the new Snow Leopard make my Macbook faster ?

coz my laptop had became slower in the last 3 months

it takes a while when i drag anything to the Trash or to another folder and applications are taking a long time to open

My Mac was super fast but now its slow as a Pc :(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When the word Download is used, most people mean Download! :D Sorry.

Snow Leopard is faster for sure but to me it sounds like you have other issues. Have you tried running Onyx and cleaning up the system? That might solve the speed issues and get it back to normal. Also run Disk Utility and check/repair the Hard Drive.

Snow Leopard is very nice and most things are noticeably faster here compared to 10.5 Leopard, but if you upgrade, some of your issues might follow you over to 10.6 unless you do an Erase and Install.

Do try Oynx and Disk Utility and see if things get faster before you do anything else.

OP
Tommy Taylor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When the word Download is used, most people mean Download! :D Sorry.

Snow Leopard is faster for sure but to me it sounds like you have other issues. Have you tried running Onyx and cleaning up the system? That might solve the speed issues and get it back to normal. Also run Disk Utility and check/repair the Hard Drive.

Snow Leopard is very nice and most things are noticeably faster here compared to 10.5 Leopard, but if you upgrade, some of your issues might follow you over to 10.6 unless you do an Erase and Install.

Do try Oynx and Disk Utility and see if things get faster before you do anything else.

i tried Onyx and tried the Disk Utility but its not helping :(

i have 81gb left and 0 viruses but i don't know what happened :| :Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.