iSight

Reaction score
Hello,

If I get an iSight camera for my powerbook, can I still chat with family members who are using windows? I read a review somewhere saying that both people had to have the iSight.

Thanks!

I

iDVFH.

I highly doubt that..you most likely could..but for you to use it you need a DSL or Cable connection..iChat doesn't let you use audio or video unless you do.

M

metsfan489

blackwaterdev said:
Hello,

If I get an iSight camera for my powerbook, can I still chat with family members who are using windows? I read a review somewhere saying that both people had to have the iSight.

Thanks!

iChat runs off of the aim network so as long as the ppl using the windows pc have an aim account then your pefectly fine. I have video conferenced on aim with a regular pc camera (windows) and my friend was on ichat with his iSight and it worked perfectly fine. :mac:

D

Desolate One

I don't know anyone else "personally" with a Mac, thus everyone I video chat with is on a PC. Nothing to panic about. Get the iSight. And make your family get AIM if they don't already.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.