Mac hard drive icon on desktop

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to Snow leopard. I did a fresh install and now my desktop does not have that hard drive icon where I can access my files and folders. How do I get that icon back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Finder > Preferences:

screenshot 2009-09-02 at 5.22.00 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
And if that is checked, you can create an Alias of your HD onto your desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I should have clarified. That needs to be checked. Mine isn't because I don't need no stinking icons (or badges)!

Reaction score
The “Finder” is an unique application running OSX. The Finder application is brought to the active foreground when you click on the Desktop or the Finder icon on the Dock. Although it is an integral part of the Operating System, it is still just an application and therefore has its own individual preference option. The System Preferences under the Apple Menu are specific to the Macintosh computer in general but the Finder preferences are different and are found under the “Finder” menu. To get to the specific "Finder" preferences do the following:

1.) Minimize all open windows (optional)
2.) Go to your doc and click on the "Finder" icon
3.) Go to the menu on the top of the screen next to the apple icon and click on "Finder"
4.) Select "Preferences..." from the menu
5.) Once in the preferences dialog box click the "General" icon
6.) Under the "General" icon options you'll see "Show these icons on your desktop", click the check box next to "Hard disks"
7.) Close the dialog box

Done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.