2 iPhones 1 PC

Reaction score
Hey I just got asked this question and Im not sure how to respond. She has her dads iPhone setup on her laptop to sync and all that jazz. and she is about to get an iPhone but if she try's to sync it to iTunes how will that work, will she get pretty much everything her dad is getting on the iPhone?
Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I sync 2 iPhones to the same machine. It does recognize each phone separately as far as contacts go.

Synced mine, let the wife go in and check/uncheck the music she wanted on hers and then synced. I use drag and drop on mine now and she syncs hers as new stuff is added to the library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Assuming she'll be using the same iTunes account then yes. They'll have access to the same music, video, apps etc.

However, using playlists, ticking/unticking selected apps will mean they can each tailor what goes on what phone.

Fingers crossed that iTunes 9 or beyond will get better support to seperate the settings for individual devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.