Screen protection cloth that we get question...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
The cloth that we get with our macbook for our screen. Can we wash it or not. I was just wondering if we can do that without harming the cloth in any manner.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The cloth that we get with our macbook for our screen. Can we wash it or not. I was just wondering if we can do that without harming the cloth in any manner.

Sure you can wash it. Eventually it will get too dirty to be effective. The two biggest qualities of the cloth is softness & lint -free...and washing shouldn't harm it.

I will mention though...you want to make sure that if you wash it...that it's rinsed well & free of soap or detergent...so any excess doesn't get on your screen.

You could also wash the cloth by hand if you're concerned about harming it in an automatic washing machine...you could simply soak it in a container of water & detergent for a few hours...rinse, and dry.

Or you could purchase a new one...I've always heard a "micro-fiber" cloth is what you want.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I buy packs of microfiber clothes super cheap at Target. I wouldn't risk keeping an old one around and washing it a ton. I do wash them, but after they get washed the wife gets them for whatever she wants.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You left yourself open on that one Nick.... :)

Regards.

Hey...I think you got that backwards...I was "semi-sarcastically" asking that of the other guy who made the "Target" reference!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
That was hilarious chscag! I have no idea if they have Target over there or not. I do know they have the Internet over there. Order some up!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That was hilarious chscag! I have no idea if they have Target over there or not. I do know they have the Internet over there. Order some up!

I was just teasing you about the Target reference. I did look up to see if they have Target's in Pakistan...and they don't.

In fact not only does Target not have any International location's...they're only in 47 of the 50 US States. No Target's in Alaska, Hawaii, or Vermont!

Poor Vermont!;D

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I was just teasing you about the Target reference. I did look up to see if they have Target's in Pakistan...and they don't.

In fact not only does Target not have any International location's...they're only in 47 of the 50 US States. No Target's in Alaska, Hawaii, or Vermont!

Poor Vermont!;D

- Nick

I know man. I was teasing as well. Sometimes we think where we live is the only place on Earth. I was guilty of that!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know man. I was teasing as well. Sometimes we think where we live is the only place on Earth. I was guilty of that!

We have quite a few folks from all over the world on this site...so I try to think globally as much as possible.

Of course sometimes I get my time zones mixed up...just ask "Andy M."!;D

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks a lot everyone for your help. I live in Pakistan and we don't have Target here. If we even didn't have internet then I guess I wouldn't have been posting on these forums using my macbook. Please don't get me wrong and I'm honestly not offended by this but just for the sake of information, Pakistan is really not that backwards as it is perceived to be :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Thanks a lot everyone for your help. I live in Pakistan and we don't have Target here. If we even didn't have internet then I guess I wouldn't have been posting on these forums using my macbook. Please don't get me wrong and I'm honestly not offended by this but just for the sake of information, Pakistan is really not that backwards as it is perceived to be :)

I was being facetious about the Internet comment and actually making fun of myself for being an idiot with the Target suggestion. Glad you were not offended as that was definitely not our intention!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was being facetious about the Internet comment and actually making fun of myself for being an idiot with the Target suggestion.

"Idiot" might be a little strong...but just in case you're feeling guilty...

DROP & give me 20...pushups that is!!!;D

unclelee2.jpg

Just teasing,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I went out last night so I collapsed at five.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was being facetious about the Internet comment and actually making fun of myself for being an idiot with the Target suggestion. Glad you were not offended as that was definitely not our intention!

Don't worry at all. I didn't mind at all and I completely understand that it wasn't your intention at all :)

I was also just generally informing since when I sometimes tell people that I'm from Pakistan, they respond in a very shocking manner expressing the fact that they never knew Pakistan even had internet (LOL)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.