How do I get my ISP email to be default for Mail?

Reaction score
I hate that keychain thing, and had once defeated it. When I click on a website's contact link, I want the email to come from my ISP address, not mac.mail. I somehow managed to overcome it before, but I quite honestly do not remember how I did it. I want all my email in one place, where I log into from my ISP.

Recently, due to conflict caused by a corrupted font file, a tech did some resetting, and the keychain thing is back again. Ugh. I just do not have the patience or time to muck around with it. I want it gone. How do I do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You're going to have to give us some more information than that. You appear to have two different problems, one with Mail and one with the Keychain.

I'm going to guess that the Keychain problem is the one described in this Apple article.
Mac OS X: Keychain Access asks for keychain "login" after changing login password
If this is not correct, please explain what "that keychain thing" is doing and what you want it to do.

As for your Mail issue, I really have no clue what you're asking. Do you or do you not want to check your ISP email address with Mail? Do you or do you not have a different email address that you use with Mail?

OP
B
Reaction score
You're going to have to give us some more information than that. You appear to have two different problems, one with Mail and one with the Keychain.

I'm going to guess that the Keychain problem is the one described in this Apple article.
Mac OS X: Keychain Access asks for keychain "login" after changing login password
If this is not correct, please explain what "that keychain thing" is doing and what you want it to do.

As for your Mail issue, I really have no clue what you're asking. Do you or do you not want to check your ISP email address with Mail? Do you or do you not have a different email address that you use with Mail?

woo-hoo, thanks. That article helped jogged my memory, and I've got the issue resolved. no passwords needed anymore. ah, much better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.