Airport Express Stuck in Solid Yellow

Reaction score
Hello:

I have an Airport Express and am using a MacBookPro that I purchased a month or so ago. I am on OS 10.5.8, and just recently my network started dropping out. I have tried everything I can think of including resetting the Airport Express, unplugging everything, including the cable modem, checking to insure it is not the internet connection/ISP, etc.

I think the Airport Express just may be done because there is no rhyme or reason to it; i.e., I have gotten it to go back to green and function only to have it randomly quit again and go solid yellow. When solid yellow it is supposedly running its set up routine, but it should eventually emerge from that. While in solid yellow, the Airport on the computer cannot event find it to run the Airport utility.

Any wisdom from the group would be appreciated as after three hours trying to fix it last night I am about ready to steam roll the darn thing....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Have you held down the reset button on the Express? You mentioned reset, but I wasn't sure if you just rebooted it or tried defaulting it?

OP
P
Reaction score
I have held it down until it went quick flashing yellow, then let up, and it returns to solid yellow. I have also held the reset down until it went past flashing yellow to no light, only to let the reset button up to have it go solid yellow again, and lastly, I have held it down while plugging it in, which per the manual should reset it to default....It still returns to solid yellow.

Like I said, every now and then it goes past there and I can get the network up, but then it returns to solid yellow again.

Thanks for jumping in the discussion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Mine is weird. I have to press the reset button and release and then press it again and hold. It defaults after that. If I just hold it there it will start flashing yellow as well. Try that.

OP
P
Reaction score
I gave that a shot, and still not able to coax a different reaction out of it. This is a bit of a bummer in that it will be the second Apple product that I have had that seems like it is not up to standards......the first being the Time Capsule I bought and ultimately returned to purchase the AE......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
How long have you had it? If you have an Apple Store nearby head in there and tell them your story. You might be surprised how helpful they are sometimes.

OP
P
Reaction score
I have had it over a year and a half. It is out of warranty. My macbook pro, on the other hand, is just about two months old and as such I can still get tech support for it. Not sure if i could somehow get them to speak to me to resolve this issue as I do not think I can say in good faith that the problem is with the Macbook although who knows what the root cause is......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Explain your previous issues and the fact you just dropped a ton of cash on a new MacBook Pro. They might hook you up - they might not. Worth a shot either way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.