iPhone after installing Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15 inch | 2.66Ghz | 320GB-HD | 4G-RAM | GeForce 9400M & 9600M GT with 512MB DDR3 SDRAM
My iPhone behaves differently under Snow Leopard 64bit kernel. When I start my machine in 64bit ( I use third party software to switch between 32bit and 64bit, rather than press and hod "6" + 4" or "3" + "2"), iTunes gives me the following error when I connect my iPhone:

"iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE800006B)"

Despite the error message, when I close the error message box iTunes connects and syncs!!! In addition tethering does not work(shh...I know).

Everything works fine in 32bit mode.

I can't find anything on the internet about SL 64bit causing iPhone/iTune problems.

OP
coolbreeze
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15 inch | 2.66Ghz | 320GB-HD | 4G-RAM | GeForce 9400M & 9600M GT with 512MB DDR3 SDRAM
Uh Oh!! I just read this

"Apple states that all system applications except DVD Player, Front Row, Grapher, and iTunes have been rewritten in 64-bit"

This could explain why I get the error message and why tethering does not work. A blogger at another site has the same problem as I do.

Reaction score
The same happens with me but as I needed to connect my MacBook Pro to the internet while on a trip, I did it through the Bluetooth (slower) and it connected. Now I'm about to do a restore of my iPhone to see if it solves the thetering problem ....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.