Anti-Virus iphone 3gs message?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Aluminum body 15 inch 2.4 ghz 2 GB ram 250 HD
I recently got a pop up message on my iphone 3gs that recommended that i scan for virus' now. i was surfing online with safari at the time on 3g. i assume it was a pop up wanting to sell me an anti virus program like happens on most computers but i've never received one on iphone. am i right? or should i get an antivirus program for the phone? i immediately clicked no and stopped loading the page and went backward and then exited. phone seems fine. uploaded pics to mac and seems fine. updated ok. so no problems yet. ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I would say this was simply a pop-up ad from the website you were surfing.

There is no need for an anti virus for the iPhone, I don't even thing they make one do they? Imagine your battery life if you had something like that zapping the hard drive every day or so :Oops:

OS X by nature is more resilient to most viruses as most are written for Windows-based computers, while there are some reported viruses that affect Windows-based smart phones I have yet to hear of one for the iPhone, I'm sure if/when one arises Apple will address it promptly.

So in a nutshell I would dismiss this pop up as simple, annoying advertising & carry on using your iPhone as you do ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.