• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

my 1st video I made using imovie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
Ok everyone. I just got my macbook pro so I don't game on it anymore. I kind of now like making movies with imovie and also using photoshop. Never thought I would get into it being an avid gamer. But I did and I like it. I feel so proud over my work in photoshop.

However I have my first imovie little movie I made. I know its not the coolest effects and looks like a 1st grader made it but oh well. Its my first! In the process of getting final cut pro so I can make some Hollywood! Anyways let me know if I did ok...

BTW, this video was shot in my brothers 2006 g35. I was recording. I know its not good to street race but it was late and on a highway.

YouTube - G35 vs SRT4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Let us know when you get charged via your video postings. I always get a really good laugh when that happens to people. :Angry-Tongue:

Please take you shenanigans to a proper track where it is less likely an innocent bystander will get killed, yet again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Ok everyone. I just got my macbook pro so I don't game on it anymore. I kind of now like making movies with imovie and also using photoshop. Never thought I would get into it being an avid gamer. But I did and I like it. I feel so proud over my work in photoshop.

However I have my first imovie little movie I made. I know its not the coolest effects and looks like a 1st grader made it but oh well. Its my first! In the process of getting final cut pro so I can make some Hollywood! Anyways let me know if I did ok...

BTW, this video was shot in my brothers 2006 g35. I was recording. I know its not good to street race but it was late and on a highway.

YouTube - G35 vs SRT4

Well done on your first video, with time you will have a fine polished clip!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 Macbook White 2Ghz 2Gig RAM 120Gig HDD
what xstep said. ditto.

OP
deathcloud
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let us know when you get charged via your video postings. I always get a really good laugh when that happens to people. :Angry-Tongue:

What are you talking about? WHose gunna charge me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" 2.13GHz - Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB DDR2 Memory - 160GB HD - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
He he, he won't get charged for that.
Hey, deathcloud, do you mind if we make this a "My first iMovie" thread?
Here's mine, you may like it, being a gamer.

F-Zero GX: Cover of Big Blue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
In the past, people who have posted criminal activity, have been tracked down and charged. Your current video doesn't have a lot of information, particularly your real speed, which would have to be calculated.

OP
deathcloud
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the past, people who have posted criminal activity, have been tracked down and charged. Your current video doesn't have a lot of information, particularly your real speed, which would have to be calculated.

Wow... if that were true then streetfire.net would be shut down. And I'm sure the police or fbi want to spend time watching videos on youtube. I'm sure they have more important things to do. Thanks for trying to be a mature adult, but we do go to the track all the time and don't usually do that. But hey we were trying to pass the car but the other car increased its speed ;) not my fault.

OP
deathcloud
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree

He he, he won't get charged for that.
Hey, deathcloud, do you mind if we make this a "My first iMovie" thread?
Here's mine, you may like it, being a gamer.

F-Zero GX: Cover of Big Blue

Lets make this the first video thread. I am interested to see peoples first videos.

If that is your first video.... WOW that is incredible. You did good for your first. I couldn't imagine how long that took. It actually looks like a video game commercial. Well done.

I am interested in seeing other peoples first project. Its cool to see what other peoples first videos were.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
YouTube duck shooter lashes out - People do get convicted of things based on what appears on YouTube. I don't know about your jurisdiction but providing video evidence of what you called a "good race" on public streets on YouTube doesn't look too good.

Regardless of whether or not you "don't usually do that" is irrelevant - you did it.

OP
deathcloud
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
YouTube duck shooter lashes out - People do get convicted of things based on what appears on YouTube. I don't know about your jurisdiction but providing video evidence of what you called a "good race" on public streets on YouTube doesn't look too good.

Regardless of whether or not you "don't usually do that" is irrelevant - you did it.

Ok... COOL! I understand.

Ne ways does anyone out there have first videos that they made? I am interested in seeing them. I know that a lot people have tried using imovie in making a movie so lets see em.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bellymonster,

Great cut! If I hadn't all ready seen the movie, I'd be expecting a completely different story.

OP
deathcloud
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I made this one a while back; L.A. to Vancouver in Ten Minutes. It was my first time compression video. Read the notes in the link about how I made it.

Wow that is crazy... EVERY 1 se a picture? That is crazy! That drive was long. How much space did that take up? I should have done that for my trip from Sacramento, California to Jacksonville, Florida. But instead I just did mini video clips capturing unique parts of the drive.

That video is going to be a hard one to make but I will make it and hopefully be really nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How much space did that take up?

The full 63,086 images from the trip add up to 18.74GB. I must admit I missed a section of the drive. Also in the third half, I messed up the image size. I set it to 320x240, instead of 640x480. Also keep in mind, that that video is a cut down version of only 10 minutes. The full string of images was around 35 minutes. Even at 10 minutes, I thought it too long for people to watch.

The drive from L.A. to Vancouver BC is approximately 24 hours, or 86,400 seconds. The average file size when the picture is 640x480 looks to be around 400k. If I did my math right, 35,389,440,000 bytes (32.96GB) of drive space would be required.

One important thing to note. If you choose to use a camera, don't use one with a mechanical shutter. They only last some where above 100,000 clicks!

Macworld had a story on how to "Make a Time Lapse Video". If you follow the comments there, you should get a good grasp of how to do it and the alternative options.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.