Snow Leopard Killed My Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8GHZ 4GB, Powerbook G4, etc.
I have quite the issue. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard (from Leopard) via USB install disk [thumb drive with Snow Leopard .dmg, Mac OS journaled formatted, GUID...] and everything seems to be working just fine EXCEPT...

My interwebz stopped working!

The airport seems to be working and recognizes the other networks in range, and says that it's connected. When I try to load a page, Safari continues to try and load but eventually says that the 'page can't be displayed'.

I've tried everything - Resetting router, switching browsers, renewing DHCP Lease, toggling airport,etc. It won't even work via ethernet cable from the router. I've read some other people that have had these issues but have not seen any fixes.

Running a Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz, 4GB RAM

I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys have. If you are having the same issue, please post here so we can collaboratively figure this out.

Thanks!

OP
evanjorgensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey everyone,

I have quite the issue. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard (from Leopard) via USB install disk [thumb drive with Snow Leopard .dmg, Mac OS journaled formatted, GUID...] and everything seems to be working just fine EXCEPT...

My interwebz stopped working!

The airport seems to be working and recognizes the other networks in range, and says that it's connected. When I try to load a page, Safari continues to try and load but eventually says that the 'page can't be displayed'.

I've tried everything - Resetting router, switching browsers, renewing DHCP Lease, toggling airport,etc. It won't even work via ethernet cable from the router. I've read some other people that have had these issues but have not seen any fixes.

Running a Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz, 4GB RAM

I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys have. If you are having the same issue, please post here so we can collaboratively figure this out.

Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Where did the snow leopard in DMG format come from?

And please no Cross Posting the same post in two threads.

OP
evanjorgensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It came from brokenstones.me

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
Couldn't afford the $29 upgrade?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sorry, we do not support Illegal copies of OSX here at Mac Forums. It's against the rules here to talk about such software.

$29 is lower than any other OS and still people pirate it? Apple can't give it away.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good URL CWA and also if his copy had that trojan in it, it probably is the cause of his internet issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.