How do you hookup a digital piano?

Reaction score
We were playing with GarageBand tonight and the keyboard is a really
awful input device. We have a few digital pianos with Midi out and were
wondering if anyone has hooked up a Clavinova or Kurzweil to a PowerMac.

The Kurzweil takes a DIN plug. Not sure about the Clavinova I'd have to pull
it out or find the specs on the web.

X

xthisisRomancex

i have the m-audio midi to usb. it works great.. in order to do this you will install the drivers that came with the device ( midi/usb) then open garageband you want to create a new track the key step is to make SURE you create a software instrument.
and then you should be set. if you have any other questions just ask it here or PM

aaron%

X

xthisisRomancex

mmoy said:
I think that a cable is more in line with what I was looking for. This is just for the kids to fool around with.
what do you mean. ?

F

falltime

xthisisRomancex said:
i have the m-audio midi to usb. it works great.. in order to do this you will install the drivers that came with the device ( midi/usb) then open garageband you want to create a new track the key step is to make SURE you create a software instrument.
and then you should be set. if you have any other questions just ask it here or PM

aaron%

The M-Audio device is great too. However, the turtlebeach interface does not require any additional drivers - just plug it in and you're ready to go.

(As a sidenote, Newegg doesn't state that the Turtle Beace device is compatible with Mac OS's.... I'm not sure why, because on the box it clearly asserts that it is. So disregard what it says on Newegg - it works flawlessly with 9.2.2+/OS X 10.1.5+).

OP
M
Reaction score
xthisisRomancex said:
what do you mean. ?

The kids have been trained in classical piano and just want to hookup the
Digital Piano to fool around with different instruments. I wasn't look for something
really expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I know this is an old thread, but I justed wanted to THANK those who posted and also those who've left in place for me to find!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.