N-gage MMC doesn't mount on desktop anymore

K

koert

Hi,

I've got a nokia N-gage since last week. It came with an USB cable. Just out of the box, I inserted the MMC into the phone, turned it on, and connected the phone with the USB cable to the back of my keyboard.
Within a few seconds, the MMC appeared on the desktop; the MacOS mounted the MMC.

Everything was working just perfect.

Yesterday, I brought an USB card reader from my job, to try it at home. Plugged it in the USB port of my Mac, and inserted the MMC from my phone into he reader. The thing just worked perfect.

Anyway, I had been playing with the phone, cards, the card reader etc, and after turning on my Mac again and connecting the phone, the phone didn't mount on the desktop anymore.

The card reader still works.

When I check in the Apple Profiler, I see the reader attached to one of the internal USB hubs, but not the phone with card.
Also restarting both mac and phone, and connecting ONLY the phone didn't change anything.

My Mac ignores the phone with the card, but it worked until I used the external card reader...

Any suggestions?
Tech. talk may be used, I think I'll have to change some kind of string in a config file or something, but I'm just not smart enough to it on my own :)

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
well...this isn't that technical...but this is what I'd try...

I'd back up the card with your card reader (you did say it still works there right?)...then I'd take the MMC and format it in your N-gage...and then I'd copy the backed up info back over to the newly formatted MMC in your Ngage. I haven't tried my Ngage hooked up to my mini via USB yet...just tried syncing it with iSync via bluetooth...it didn't work well for me. :(

OP
K

koert

mcsenerd said:
well...this isn't that technical...but this is what I'd try...

I'd back up the card with your card reader (you did say it still works there right?) yes it works ...then I'd take the MMC and format it in your N-gage tried that already ...and then I'd copy the backed up info back over to the newly formatted MMC in your Ngage. I did backup the data from the MMC, problem is just that the card doesn't mount on the desktop anymore. Via apple Profiler, I also can't detect the phone when connected to USB port. The reader CAN be seen thru the Apple Profiler, the phone can't be seen anymore. I haven't tried my Ngage hooked up to my mini via USB yet...just tried syncing it with iSync via bluetooth...it didn't work well for me. :( There is a sollution for this. I've seen it recently, but can't remember where. Try google "isync n-gage".

I appreciate your advice :)

OP
K

koert

sh!t

...the same crappy thing when I connect it to a windoze box. Memory card doesn't mount.

I hope it's the usb cable, and not the phone.

...Never trusted nokia phones anyway. Just like I never trusted windoze boxes. If it turns out that there's a prob with the phone already, this will be my first AND last nokia ever...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.