memory upgrade questions

Reaction score
I recently started using protools le 8 i currently run it on my desktop. I would like to also run it on my macbook which means i need to upgrade my ram memory. the specs on my computer are listed below i would like to know what is the maximum memory that i can have in my computer and what kind i should get and from where. Im new to this stuff so please excuse my newbness! my computer has been getting really slow and i suspect it is due to the lack of memory from all my audio recording/ processing needs. please help me out!

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version.1.4f12

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
Max is 2GB of DDR2 (200 pin). Memory should be installed as 2x1GB modules. I have found crucial to be good.

OP
P
Reaction score
thank you so much man. so all i need to do is buy 2 1gb ram sticks make sure they are ddr2 or whatever you said?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.