Parrallels and 10.6

Reaction score
I upgraded to 10.6 without realizing that it was incompatible with parallels 3.0.
I used time machine to go back to before I installed snow leopard. Unfortunately I had taken the parallels file out of the time machine a long time ago to speed up backups. Is there ANY way to get that parallels info back? How screwed am I?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I upgraded to 10.6 without realizing that it was incompatible with parallels 3.0.
I used time machine to go back to before I installed snow leopard. Unfortunately I had taken the parallels file out of the time machine a long time ago to speed up backups. Is there ANY way to get that parallels info back? How screwed am I?

Unfortunately, I think that you answered your own question.

If you remove something from your Time Machine backup...then that item is no longer backed up.

The only possibility is...IF...after you removed this Parallels file nothing was rewritten to your Time Machine hard drive...then there might be a chance to recover it.

But since you said that you removed this file "a long time ago"...it's very possible the area on the hard drive where the removed Parallels file was...was over written with another file since then.

Sorry...

- Nick

OP
F
Reaction score
That is what I figured. I just needed someone to be the bad guy and tell me the bad news...... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Well, if you remember your serial number (or have it in a file somewhere on your hard drive), you can just download and install another copy of Parallels. The serial is the only thing you have to pay for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.