Schedule and Record a Live stream

Reaction score
Hi All,

i've done extensive searching on this topic, here and on the net. I'm looking for software that will allow me to set a schedule and record a live audio stream on my computer. The program must be able to start the live audio stream (by spawning a browswer), and begin recording audio from that applicaiton. Preferrably, the program would also be able to wake my mac from sleep mode.

Anyone have something like this? Preferrably free? :)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Not free, but reasonable -- Wire Tap Studio will do this and a whole lot more. Ambrosia Software

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks, I have a trial version of that and it worked great in the sense that I could tell it to record the audio from a specific program only etc.

But I didnt see options to create a schedule to open my browswer etc. etc. So last night I started looking into Automator. I'm very new to mac stuff here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Don't know about the trial version, but in the full version, the thing to look for is "Sessions". I'm not at the mac right now, and can't check for sure, but look under the Window tab on the menubar, or look around elsewhere on the menubar. Choosing Session will allow you to enter the specific URL, dates, times, etc. for the show that you want. Also will let you tell it when you want it to wake your computer from sleep, etc. Very robust!

OP
D
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for the help. The software does work, but I'm going to keep looking for a free solution. The cost was too high to record just one program.

Thanks Again skybolt!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White Leopard, 10.5.7, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Memory, 148 GB, iWork '08, iLife '09
Quicktime and Ambrosia

Well, I have 2 different ones.

App 1:

Name: Wire Tap Studio
Make: Ambrosia Software
Address: WireTap Studio | Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Review: WireTap Studio 1.0.1 Review | Music and Audio | Macworld
My Review: 9/10
Notes: WireTap Studio is an audio broadcaster. My next one however is very different to this. This one does have a price tag on it, but there are many 'OTHER' ways of getting it! :Evil:

App 2:

Name: QuickTime Broadcaster
Make: QuickTime
Address: Apple - QuickTime - QuickTime Broadcaster
Review: Un-findable
My Review: 5/10
Notes: QuickTime Broadcaster is not an audio broadcaster. It is a video/sound broadcaster, all in one, not seperately. I would not recommend this highly, but these are the only two I know! Oh, and this one is free.

I hope I have helped you with your problem, and that I will be able to in the future!

Bendy Straw, The Helpful Mac User

Reaction score
Only Video with audio

Hi All,

i've done extensive searching on this topic, here and on the net. I'm looking for software that will allow me to set a schedule and record a live audio stream on my computer. The program must be able to start the live audio stream (by spawning a browswer), and begin recording audio from that applicaiton. Preferrably, the program would also be able to wake my mac from sleep mode.

Anyone have something like this? Preferrably free? :)

Thanks!

I'm looking for the same thing in software: only Video stream along with it attendant audio.
DVR without the hardware box.

Hookoa

C

chas_m

Hijacking a four-year-old thread with a completely different question isn't going to work very well.

I'd suggest you make a new thread, so that when you get an answer it will be available for others to easily find. Don't forget to include ALL important details, including your Mac model and OS X version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.